Financial Funding for international students in their final study phase
Two times a year the Department of International Affairs at TU Darmstadt offers scholarships to international students in their final study phase. Undergraduate and Graduate students from TU Darmstadt can apply if they have a foreign university entrance eligibility and have already registered their thesis or are close to registering. The scholarships are awarded according to certain criteria such as your performance and social situation.
Online applications for “Leistungsorientierte Studienabschluss-Förderung” (Financial funding for international students in their final study phase) can be submitted twice a year.
Application periods: April 01 – 15 and October 01 – 15.
Requirements for applicants
- Citizenship other than German
- Higher education entrance qualification from a country other than Germany or from a “Studienkolleg” in Germany
- Enrolment in a Bachelor, Master or teaching program at TU Darmstadt
- overall GPA ≤ 2,74
- Final thesis is already registered or will be within the next six months
Complete online application form and hand it in at the International Counter at Karo5 with the following documents:
- Current transcript of records, stamped by “Studienbüro” (departmental study office)
- Form ”Confirmation of thesis registration”
Important: Even if your thesis has not been registered yet, please fill out the form „Confirmation of thesis registration” nevertheless and mark “thesis has not been registered to date”. A confirmation of “Studienbüro” is not required in this case.
- Proof of social hardship or family situation that needs to be considered in particular, if applicable (e.g. birth certificate of child)
- Funding is awarded on the basis of performance criteria and, if applicable, in consideration of the applicant's social or family situation
- Students with children will be considered in particular
Applications that are incomplete or handed in after the application period cannot be considered.
Students in cooperation programs or Erasmus programs as well as doctoral students cannot apply for this financial assistance.