Incoming Erasmus+ and European Exchange Students
Technische Universität Darmstadt welcomes all Erasmus+ and European exchange students who will study in Darmstadt, the city of science.
As an Erasmus+ or European exchange student, you will find a lot of valuable suggestions about your studies at TU Darmstadt. It is our goal to integrate you completely into student life in Darmstadt. We provide you with everything that you need in order for your stay at TU Darmstadt to be a rewarding experience.
TU Darmstadt is one of the most renowned universities of technology, with top rankings in research and teaching. Our highly qualified students guarantee our excellent position as a university for science and industry which is recognised all over the world.
The courses of study at TU Darmstadt lead to recognised Bachelor’s, Master’s and teaching degrees. The academic year is divided into two semesters. The winter semester starts on 1 October and lasts until 31 March; the summer semester starts on 1 April and lasts until 30 September.
We are looking forward to seeing you.
Organising Your Stay
The following content provides you with valuable information on the organisation of your stay at TU Darmstadt. Whether questions about the application procedure, your schedule or house-hunting in Darmstadt, we will support you until your last day at TU Darmstadt.
Before Your Stay (14)
- Accommodation in Darmstadt for Exchange Students
- Application to TU Darmstadt
- Costs and Budget
- Degree Programmes at TU Darmstadt
- Early Arrivals – Youth Hostels or Hotels in Darmstadt
- Health Insurance for European Exchange Students
- How to Get to Darmstadt
- Language Requirements for European Exchange Students
- Orientation Events
- Registration at TU Darmstadt – Exchange Students
- The Learning Agreement
- TU ID and Athena Card
- Visa Regulations for Erasmus+ Students
- Writing a Bachelor or Master Thesis at TU Darmstadt
After Your Stay (7)
During Your Stay (13)
- Application for TU Darmstadt Intensive German Course and Experience Weeks
- AT/11 Form – for Turkish Erasmus Students
- Checklist before coming to TU
- Checklist before leaving TU
- Confirmation BA/MA Thesis
- Confirmation of Stay
- De-registration Form
- ECTS User's Guide
- Form E 106
- Information for Turkish students – English
- Information for Turkish students – Turkish
- Information Sheet
- Learning Agreement
- Nomination Sheet
- Proof of Language Knowledge