Details for Tongji
There is a close cooperative relationship between Tongji University Shanghai (Tongji) and TU Darmstadt. Due to the high level of internationality and the great number of exchanges with Germany, many courses of the master’s programme are offered in English or German. That’s why it is not necessary to take an exam in Chinese.Within the framework of the master’s programme examination plan, the requirements both universities have are taken into account. Hence, after having completed the programme successfully, all students obtain the master’s degree from TU Darmstadt and the master’s degree from Tongji University.Students are being offered the once in a lifetime opportunity to discover the culture and language of a country which is currently undergoing dynamic changes in terms of economy and society.This experience enables students to build on their technical and social skills.
Within the framework of the Double–Degree Programme students enrolled in the Mechanical Engineering Programme are being offered the opportunity to spend 3 semesters at Tongji, write their master’s thesis there and complete their 12 week industrial internship.Within 5 semesters, Double-Degree students can obtain both degrees.
Funding Oppportunities & Finances
Students interested in automotive engineering have the opportunity to participate in scholarship programme offered by Continental Tevis AG. The programme includes financial support and additionally a specialised internship at one of Continental’s branches in China.Students interested in production engineering have the opportunity to participate a scholarship programme offered by the Frank-Hirschvogel-Foundation of the Hirschvogel Automotive Group. This includes financial support and the offer of a professional cooperation and support at Hirschvogel Automotive Components in Pinghu.
|Location, Country||Shanghai, China|
Number of students|
Number of employees
|Number of spots for exchange students||10|
|Degree programmes||Mechanical and Process Engineering|
Requirements & Application
Submission of the Application:It is recommended to apply during the 3rd semester, however applications should not be submitted later than during the 5th semester of the bachelor’s programme in order to be able to begin the stay abroad at the beginning of the 3rd master’s semester.
The applicants need to meet following requirements:
• Above-average academic achievements
• Bachelor’s degree should be obtained at least one semester (or even better two semesters) before the stay abroad
• Fundamental interest in matter relating to vehicle technology and product-technical issues
• Extracurricular activities and social skills
• Interested in Chinese culture and language
• Willing to write a report on the experience
• Master’s programme should be oriented towards the requirements of the Double-Degree Programme
If you are interested, please submit the following application dossier to the department:
• Motivation letter
• Completed application form and a recent passport photograph
• Detailed curriculum vitae
• Certificate of Academic Achievements during the bachelor’s programme, and, if applicable, a certificate of the bachelor’s exam including the grade, rounded tot he first decimal place
• Copy of High School Graduation Diploma