With Erasmus+, students have the possibility to study in a European country and thus to improve their social and cultural skills.
This also enables them to get to know the academic system of a foreign university and to benefit from new teaching and learning methods.
The programme offers the following services to students:
- transfer of credits from the partner university
- exemption from student fees at the partner university
- support during the preparation (culture, language, organisation)
- partial schoolarship to finance stay
- extra grants for single parents
- extra grants for students with special needs
Prerequisites for participating in the Erasmus+ programme:
- you are a registered student at TU Darmstadt
- you have sufficient skills of the language of instruction at your host university
- you have been nominated for studying abroad by your departmental coordinator
- at the time of your study visit you have concluded at least four semesters of your studies. You need to apply during your second semester.
When Do I Apply?
You should plan with a total preparation time of one year. Applications for a stay abroad in the academic year 2018/19 need to be submitted in autumn 2017. Even if you are planning to go abroad in the summer semester 2018, you will have to apply in the autumn of 2017. General application deadline is November 30, 2017.
The online application will be available from 1 October until 30 November 2017.
Please ask your departmental coordinator about your department’s deadlines.
Financing – Erasmus+ as Study Grant
Health, Accident and Personal Liability Insurances
Participating in the Erasmus+ programme does not include any insurance coverage in the host country. We therefore recommend that you check whether your insurances are also valid abroad.
DAAD offers insurance for students abroad; the costs must be covered by the students. You can find further information on the group insurance of DAAD here.