In the Department of Computer Science, System Security Lab, headed by Prof. Dr.-Ing. Ahmad-Reza Sadeghi invites applications for three positions as
(Phd Candidate) in Full-Time
The position is initially limited to 3 years.
The applicant is expected to work on the research projects of the System Security Lab on System and Hardware Safety.
- Master degree or Diplom degree
- Prior knowledge of IT security is required: Knowledge from the areas of system and platform security, hardware security (emphasis on the embedded system and Internet of Things IoT), as well as experiences in the area of attacks and exploits are advantageous
- Competences in scientific work and applied research
- Didactic skills (communication, motivation, creativity)
- Structured work and organizational skills
The Group's research areas include (amongst others):
- Systems Security
- Malware Detection
- Embedded Security
- Autonomous Systems
- Software Systems (Exploits)
- Attacks & Defenses
- Diverse, hands-on research
- Publication of research results at international scientific conferences
- An international team
The results of work conducted with the offered positions aims to improve the scientific skills of the applicant. The tasks to perform at the offered position are focused on research activities. However, the positions also includes working in project management as well as teaching.
The Technische Universität Darmstadt intends to increase the number of female employees and encourages female candidates to apply. In case of equal qualifications applicants with a degree of disability of at least 50 or equal will be given preference. Wages and salaries are according to the collective agreements on salary scales, which apply to the Technische Universität Darmstadt (TV-TU Darmstadt). Part-time employment is generally possible.
Applications should include a cover letter, CV, overview of grades (Bachelor and Master) and two reference letters and should be submitted electronically in one entire PDF with the subject number "Application as a Research Assistant" to Prof. Dr.-Ing. Ahmad-Reza Sadeghi (email@example.com) and Dana Lexa (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Code. No. 63
Application deadline: June 30, 2017