Technische Universität Darmstadt, Germany, announces three fully funded, three-year
Positions for Doctoral Students
(with the option for a two-year extension). We invite applications of talented students looking for timely research topics that are both theoretically and industrially interesting.
The positions are part of the new Energy Information Networks & Systems (EINS) lab exploring the interplay between computer science and power engineering. To realize a technically feasible economic and secure transition to a low-carbon energy society we are working in the following areas:
- Energy System Design: Simulating and optimizing the composition of future multi-modal energy systems
- Energy System Operation: Developing new algorithms for the control & management of future energy systems
- Energy Automation Systems: Defining and implementing platforms for intelligent decentral energy control
For more information about the lab and potential research questions for doctoral theses visit our website www.eins.tu-darmstadt.de.
With a competitive salary, students will be expected to publish in leading journals and conferences of the field, helping to establish the lab as a well-known center for the above mentioned topics. Industrial cooperations are planned to base our research agenda on real life problems. Students will also take part in teaching in the Bachelor’s and Master’s programs.
- A very good Master’s degree in one of the following disciplines: Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, Mechanical Engineering, Quantitative Economics
- Advanced programming skills
- Proven experience in at least one of the following fields: Numerical Optimization, Probabilistic Models, Energy Economics, programming of Distributed Systems, Modern Control Theory
- High motivation and the ability to conduct independent research
- Good communication skills for contact with team members, students and industrial partners
Opportunity for further qualification (doctoral dissertation) is given. The fulfillment of the research and service requirements attached to this position serve at the same time as fulfillment of the academic requirements for a candidate's doctoral degree.
The Technische Universität Darmstadt intends to increase the number of female employees and encourages female candidates to apply. In case of equal qualifications applicants with a degree of disability of at least 50 or equal will be given preference. Wages and salaries are according to the collective agreements on salary scales, which apply to the Technische Universität Darmstadt (TV-TU Darmstadt). Part-time employment is generally possible.
How to apply: Please send a full application (cover letter, CV, grade sheets) as one PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Code. No. 253
Application deadline: July 09, 2017