- If you are leaving Germany, it is necessary to deregister at the registration office (Abmeldung).
- It is important to inform your health insurance provider (Krankenkasse) that you will no longer be resident in Germany and to establish what documentation they will need to confirm this and close your account.
- If you do not wish to accrue further charges on your bank account, then it is important to arrange to close your account with your bank at a convenient point.
- All contracts for accommodation and services must be cancelled. It is sometimes possible to shorten services contracts if you can document leaving the country. Please contact your service provider in good time to discuss any options.
- In certain sets of circumstances, it is possible to apply for the reimbursement of statutory pension contributions. Please contact the German Statutory Pension Insurance Scheme (Deutsche Rentenversicherung) for advice.
The information on this website is not legally binding.