Thursday and Friday 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
The interactive workshop led by a theater professional, enhances the participants presentation skills in a video conferencing format. The training helps presenters to effectively communicate the importance and relevance of their topic and the core message in their presentation in an online platform. Constructive feedback from the trainer and group members as well as a review of their recording give the speakers a healthy amount of input while perfecting their online presentation skills.
The Zoom Pro video conferencing platform will be used in this workshop and you will learn to work with its available functionalities.
Contents in brief:
- Engaging the audience in one’s talk and maintaining focus on the topic
- Affirming the strengths and individual style of the speaker
- Improving voice and physical presence in front of the camera
- Effectively promoting oneself
- Learning the available tools on Zoom Pro
- Receiving recorded video-feedback
- Vocal delivery and non-verbal coaching
- partner work/role-play
- language practice and analysis
- recording and feedback
All participants will be required to prepare a 3 to 5 minute overview of their work to an international audience of scientists with mixed levels of expertise in a virtual meeting scenario.
You will meet in online plenary sessions in the morning sessions for modules of trainer input, discussion, and practice on both days of the training. In the afternoon sessions, you are then clustered in working groups to practice and train your short presentations (60 minutes per group). Constructive feedback from the trainer and the other participants will provide you with professional input and offer benchmarks to assess the effect of your presentations. The groups are mixed up on both days so that participants can work with a new group.
Target group: Doctoral candidates and Postdocs from all departments and fields of study with some video presentation experience
Trainer: Ric Oquita | impulsplus
- Thursday, November 26th, 2020 | 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
- Friday, November 27th, 2020 | 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
- Online via Zoom Pro
- You will receive the link for logging in to the virtual room via email by your trainer.
Please fill in the Ingenium registration form and send it signed by your supervisor or adviser via E-Mail: ingenium-anmeldung@tu-…
Important information for registration
Please note that a registration via the registration form is obligatory for all Ingenium events.
Courses are free of charge for early career researchers of the TU Darmstadt.
Please consider the following information concerning the registration procedure:
- Please register for each event with a separate registration form.
- Once your registration form is submitted, your registration is binding.
- At least two weeks before the event starts, you will receive information about the status of your registration.
- Registrations are recognised in the order in which they have been submitted.
- Events will only take place if the necessary number of participants is reached.
- If you cannot participate in an event for which you have already registered, please contact us immediately to allow people on the waiting list to take your place.
- In the case of unexcused absence, future registrations will be considered subordinately.
- If an event is announced in German, it will be conducted in German. If an event is announced in English, it will be conducted in English.
The following applies only to trainings in the qualification programme:
- The registration form must be signed by your supervisor or adviser.
- You can register for up to five events per programme.
- Please send your registration as a scanned pdf version by e-mail. Alternatively, you may also send the registration by internal mail.
Child Care during events
You would like to participate in Ingenium events but do not have child care during that time? Here you can find more information about short-term child care at TU Darmstadt.