Thursday and Friday 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
Key to successful acquisitions of research grants is not only scientific excellence but also know-how on funding opportunities and formal procedures. This workshop teaches key competencies for writing successful grant proposals.
Depending on the target audience, the focus will be either on fellowship applications or on project grants. The basic structure of grant applications will be presented and parts of grant applications will be prepared and discussed (grant abstract, work plan). Participants are introduced to different strategies for the successful presentation of their projects.
Special focus is put on the expectations of reviewers and on typical mistakes. Participants will evaluate part of the mini-grants prepared within the group, thus gaining important insights into the reviewer’s point of view and receiving excellent feedback on their writing. Individual feedback on the written mini-grants by the trainer will also be provided.
- learn strategies for writing successful grant applications
- get introduced to general writing techniques
- write a short grant application
- be introduced to the funding opportunities and special conditions of various funding bodies (i.e. BMBF, DFG, EU)
- learn evaluation procedures and evaluate the texts produced in the group
- receive feedback on their individually prepared texts
- group work,
- exercises for definining goals,
- preparing work plans,
- writing grant abstracts, and
Please note: All participants are asked to prepare a mini-grant and a CV to work on during the workshop.
Target group: Doctoral Candidates, Postdocs and Group Leaders
Trainer: Dr. Christina Schütte | ProSciencia
- Thursday, October 17th, 2019 | 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
- Friday, October 18th, 2019 | 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
Location: S1|21 (Magdalenenstraße 25), Room A 105
Please fill in the Ingenium registration form and send it signed by your supervisor or adviser via E-Mail: ingenium-anmeldung@tu-…
Important information for registration
Please note that a registration via the registration form is obligatory for all Ingenium events.
Courses are free of charge for early career researchers of the TU Darmstadt.
Please consider the following information concerning the registration procedure:
- Please register for each event with a separate registration form.
- Once your registration form is submitted, your registration is binding.
- At least two weeks before the event starts, you will receive information about the status of your registration.
- Registrations are recognised in the order in which they have been submitted.
- Events will only take place if the necessary number of participants is reached.
- If you cannot participate in an event for which you have already registered, please contact us immediately to allow people on the waiting list to take your place.
- In the case of unexcused absence, future registrations will be considered subordinately.
- If an event is announced in German, it will be conducted in German. If an event is announced in English, it will be conducted in English.
The following applies only to trainings in the qualification programme:
- The registration form must be signed by your supervisor or adviser.
- You can register for up to five events per programme.
- Please send your registration as a scanned pdf version by e-mail. Alternatively, you may also send the registration by internal mail.
Child Care during events
You would like to participate in Ingenium events but do not have child care during that time? Here you can find more information about short-term child care at TU Darmstadt.