Tuesday and Wednesday 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
How to create and lead winning teams
Leading teams is a complex and challenging task: leaders need to adapt to different personalities and communication styles, meet individual (and sometimes conflicting) needs, and create a motivating working atmosphere. A good knowledge about your own personality and your individual communication patterns is necessary in order to develop sustainable leadership qualities. Knowing about some principle team development aspects will show you how to create and lead winning teams.
Leading and managing a team
- tasks and characteristics of a leader
- different leadership styles
- delegating tasks successfully
Communication Skills for Leaders
- Active Listening
- High Impact Questions
- Giving and receiving feedback
Understanding Team Dynamics
- team development stages (and how to handle this)
- handling conflicts
- practical application for motivating teams
Developing Successful Teams
- What makes a successful team?
- Challenges of intercultural and virtual teams
- Creating values and goals
This well-stocked toolbox for team leaders will help you to prepare for taking over responsibility, develop your own approach to your leadership role in teams, and to build up confidence even in difficult situations. After this two-day, interactive workshop you will be highly alert to what is effective communication and know about what to do in order to strengthen your own team leadership capabilities.
- Interactive group work,
- trainer input,
- self-reflection and individual work,
- simulations and role-play.
Target group: Doctoral Candidates, Postdocs and Group Leaders
Trainer: Corina Milek | P.f.O. Beratungsgesellschaft mbH
- Tuesday, December 17th, 2019 | 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
- Wednesday, December 18th, 2019 | 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
Location: S1|03 (Old main university building), Room 212
Please fill in the Ingenium registration form and send it signed by your supervisor or adviser via E-Mail: ingenium-anmeldung@tu-…
Important information for registration
Please note that a registration via the registration form is obligatory for all Ingenium events.
Courses are free of charge for early career researchers of the TU Darmstadt.
Please consider the following information concerning the registration procedure:
- Please register for each event with a separate registration form.
- Once your registration form is submitted, your registration is binding.
- At least two weeks before the event starts, you will receive information about the status of your registration.
- Registrations are recognised in the order in which they have been submitted.
- Events will only take place if the necessary number of participants is reached.
- If you cannot participate in an event for which you have already registered, please contact us immediately to allow people on the waiting list to take your place.
- In the case of unexcused absence, future registrations will be considered subordinately.
- If an event is announced in German, it will be conducted in German. If an event is announced in English, it will be conducted in English.
The following applies only to trainings in the qualification programme:
- The registration form must be signed by your supervisor or adviser.
- You can register for up to five events per programme.
- Please send your registration as a scanned pdf version by e-mail. Alternatively, you may also send the registration by internal mail.
Child Care during events
You would like to participate in Ingenium events but do not have child care during that time? Here you can find more information about short-term child care at TU Darmstadt.