Monday 10:00 am – 6:00 pm
Tuesday 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
In this workshop, you will learn how to deal with your role as team leader and how to build a successful team. At the same time, you will learn to promote the individual strengths and abilities of each team member and thus positively influence the group dynamic. You will get to know helpful tools and methods to motivate your team members and to solve conflict situations with the team. You will also have the chance to step into a role as a team leader or a mediator.
- What is a team?
- What makes a team successful? What causes many to fail?
- Phases of a team development process
Successful Team Leading
- Tasks of the team leader
- Clarification of one’s own understanding of leadership
- Basic leadership styles
- Situational leadership: appropriate to the employee and the situation
Effective Team Composition
- What is the composition of a successful team?
- Distribution of roles in teams
- Use of the individual potentials of the team members
Success Factors of Team Leadership
- Promoting communication and a culture of feedback
- Positively influencing the motivation of employees
- Successfully resolving conflicts within the team
- Motivating the processes of target agreement
Methods of Team Management
- Skillful implementation of task delegation
- Effective moderation of team meetings
- Controlling decision-making and creativity processes
- Using the rules of the game in a targeted manner
Target group: Doctoral Candidates and Postdocs of all disciplines, leading a team or preparing to do so
Trainer: Dr. Viktoria Leonhard | Coach and Consultant for Leadership
- Monday, September 21st, 2020 | 10:00 am – 6:00 pm
- Tuesday, September 22nd, 2020 | 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
Location: S1|21 (Ingenium House, Magdalenenstr. 25), Room A 105
Please fill in the Ingenium registration form and send it signed by your supervisor or adviser via E-Mail: ingenium-anmeldung@tu-…
Important information for registration
Please note that a registration via the registration form is obligatory for all Ingenium events.
Courses are free of charge for early career researchers of the TU Darmstadt.
Please consider the following information concerning the registration procedure:
- Please register for each event with a separate registration form.
- Once your registration form is submitted, your registration is binding.
- At least two weeks before the event starts, you will receive information about the status of your registration.
- Registrations are recognised in the order in which they have been submitted.
- Events will only take place if the necessary number of participants is reached.
- If you cannot participate in an event for which you have already registered, please contact us immediately to allow people on the waiting list to take your place.
- In the case of unexcused absence, future registrations will be considered subordinately.
- If an event is announced in German, it will be conducted in German. If an event is announced in English, it will be conducted in English.
The following applies only to trainings in the qualification programme:
- The registration form must be signed by your supervisor or adviser.
- You can register for up to five events per programme.
- Please send your registration as a scanned pdf version by e-mail. Alternatively, you may also send the registration by internal mail.
Child Care during events
You would like to participate in Ingenium events but do not have child care during that time? Here you can find more information about short-term child care at TU Darmstadt.