Key to successful acquisitions of research grants is not only scientific excellence but also profound knowledge on funding opportunities and formal procedures. This workshop teaches key competencies for writing successful grant proposals.
The focus will be on project grants. The basic structure of grant applications will be presented and parts of grant applications will be prepared and discussed (grant abstract, work plan). You will learn about different strategies for the successful presentation of your projects.
Special focus is put on the expectations of reviewers and on typical mistakes. You will evaluate parts of the mini-grants prepared within the group, thus gaining important insights into the reviewer’s point of view and receiving excellent feedback on your writing. Individual feedback on the written mini-grants by the trainers will also be provided.
- learn strategies for writing successful grant applications
- get introduced to general writing techniques
- write a short grant application
- be introduced to the funding opportunities and special conditions of various funding bodies (i.e. BMBF, DFG, EU)
- learn evaluation procedures and evaluate the texts produced in the group
- receive feedback on your individually prepared text
- group work
- exercises for defining goals
- preparing work plans
- writing grant abstracts
In this workshop, you will have the opportunity to get feedback on your own grant proposals. Therefore, you are asked to work on a mini-grant (parts of your current project or your next proposal) and a CV between day two and day three of the workshop. You will also review some of the mini-grants yourself, thereby learning to understand the reviewer’s perspective more effectively. You will receive detailed information from your trainer at the beginning of the workshop.
Target Group: Postdocs and Junior Research Group Leaders from the Natural Sciences and Engineering
Trainer: Dr. Christina Schütte | ProSciencia
- Monday, December 12th, 2022 | 9:00 am – 1:30 pm
- Tuesday, December 13th, 2022 | 9:00 am – 1:30 pm
- Friday, January 13th, 2023 | 9:00 am – 4:00 pm
Location: Online via Zoom. You will receive the link to log in to the virtual room via email by your trainer.
Please fill in the (opens in new tab) and send it signed by your supervisor or adviser via E-Mail: Ingenium registration formingenium-anmeldung@tu-…