Wednesday and Thursday 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
Should I stay or should I go? And if leaving is an option, where should I go? In this workshop you will have the chance to clarify if it is time for a professional re-orientation and what direction your career path could take. You will increase your knowledge about the various interesting and challenging professional opportunities in- and especially outside academic research and gain a clear perception of your own strengths and competences relevant for these positions.
We will analyse various job descriptions and the required qualifications and skills. Also personal values, motivations and preferences are taken into account to identify the suitable career path in or outside academia. You will learn how to present what you are looking for and how to find support for your next career steps!
- Special activities and skills of Postdocs – requirements for a career in academia and beyond
- Individual activities in different sectors
- Individual skills and personal styles
- Job opportunities for scientists in different sectors
- Jobs and personality
- Looking at the company world with assigned roles
- Values and Motivators
- Portfolio of options
- Analysis of individual accomplishments, competences and personal strengths
- Get an overview of career opportunities in and outside academia
- Gain clarity on personal goals and motivation and the influence on suitable careers
- Know how to highlight personal strengths and where to find support on the desired career path
- Define the next steps on the individual career path
- Impulse lectures
- group work
- two-person work
- individual work
Target Group: Postdocs and Junior Research Group Leaders from all Disciplines
Trainer: Barbara Hoffbauer | Kepos
- Wednesday, July 1st, 2020 | 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
- Thursday, July 2nd, 2020 | 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
Location: S1|21 (Ingenium House, Magdalenenstraße 25), Room A 105
Please fill in the Ingenium registration form and send it signed by your supervisor or adviser via E-Mail: ingenium-anmeldung@tu-…
Important information for registration
Please note that a registration via the registration form is obligatory for all Ingenium events.
Courses are free of charge for early career researchers of the TU Darmstadt.
Please consider the following information concerning the registration procedure:
- Please register for each event with a separate registration form.
- Once your registration form is submitted, your registration is binding.
- At least two weeks before the event starts, you will receive information about the status of your registration.
- Registrations are recognised in the order in which they have been submitted.
- Events will only take place if the necessary number of participants is reached.
- If you cannot participate in an event for which you have already registered, please contact us immediately to allow people on the waiting list to take your place.
- In the case of unexcused absence, future registrations will be considered subordinately.
- If an event is announced in German, it will be conducted in German. If an event is announced in English, it will be conducted in English.
Child Care during events
You would like to participate in Ingenium events but do not have child care during that time? Here you can find more information about short-term child care at TU Darmstadt.