Wednesday and Thursday 1:30 pm – 5:00 pm
Ingenium offers this online training in collaboration with Personal- und Organisationsentwicklung.
This workshop guides you interactively through best practices for facilitating and participating in virtual meetings including preparing a clear protocol, time management, facilitating a discussion, collecting and documenting feedback, recording meetings and handling challenging interaction with team members as well as handling technical difficulties.
Interactive exercises help you to prepare and lead a professional meeting and to develop your authority as a host.
Each participant will have an opportunity to facilitate a 15-minute meeting each day and receive feedback and coaching from the trainer and the other participants.
The training is tailored to your individual questions and uses role-play to investigate proposed scenarios and to train coping strategies.
Contents in brief:
- Best practices for meetings
- Discussing differences between live and virtual meetings
- Learning Zoom Pro platform and tools
- Handling meeting challenges and problem-solving technical issues
- Preparing for and leading a virtual meeting
- Tailored coaching and individual feedback
- Trainer input and discussion
- Pair, small group and plenary exercises
- Role-play exercises and discussion
Throughout the workshop, you will familiarize yourselves with the Zoom Pro platform and the available Zoom tools in order to professionally facilitate meetings.
Target group: Doctoral candidates and Postdocs from all departments and fields of study
Trainer: Ric Oquita | impulsplus
- Wednesday June 3rd, 2020 | 1:30 pm – 5:00 pm
- Thursday June 4th, 2020 | 1:30 pm – 5:00 pm
- Online via Zoom Pro
- You will receive the link for logging in to the virtual room via email by your trainer.
Please fill in the Ingenium registration form and send it signed by your supervisor or adviser via E-Mail: ingenium-anmeldung@tu-…
Important information for registration
Please note that a registration via the registration form is obligatory for all Ingenium events.
Courses are free of charge for early career researchers of the TU Darmstadt.
Please consider the following information concerning the registration procedure:
- Please register for each event with a separate registration form.
- Once your registration form is submitted, your registration is binding.
- At least two weeks before the event starts, you will receive information about the status of your registration.
- Registrations are recognised in the order in which they have been submitted.
- Events will only take place if the necessary number of participants is reached.
- If you cannot participate in an event for which you have already registered, please contact us immediately to allow people on the waiting list to take your place.
- In the case of unexcused absence, future registrations will be considered subordinately.
- If an event is announced in German, it will be conducted in German. If an event is announced in English, it will be conducted in English.
The following applies only to trainings in the qualification programme:
- The registration form must be signed by your supervisor or adviser.
- You can register for up to five events per programme.
- Please send your registration as a scanned pdf version by e-mail. Alternatively, you may also send the registration by internal mail.
Child Care during events
You would like to participate in Ingenium events but do not have child care during that time? Here you can find more information about short-term child care at TU Darmstadt.