Monday 10.30 am – 2.00 pm
We invite all future and current postdocs of the Rhine Main University alliance (TU Darmstadt, University of Frankfurt, University of Mainz) to come together, to learn about career opportunities and research support programmes and to network with fellow postdocs.
Our virtual programme includes information on various career possibilities as a postdoc, starting with a talk on research transfer, a presentation of career programmes on the path to professorship as well as a discussion about the challenges of the postdoc phase and career opportunities in industry.
Please register for the event online You will receive the weblink to Zoom after your registration.
Target group: Doctoral candidates in the final stage of the doctorate as well as postdoctoral researchers of all stages from the Rhine Main Universities (Darmstadt, Frankfurt and Mainz)
10:30 am – Welcome Address
Prof. Dr. Barbara Albert
Vice President for Research and Early Career Researchers, TU Darmstadt
Keynote Speech „How to turn Research into Innovation“
IP & Innovation Management, TU Darmstadt
11.25 am Break
11.30 am – Programme Pitches – Career and Funding Programmes for Postdocs
A short presentation of Postdoc Career Programmes, pitched by former and current grantees:
- Career Bridging Grant – Dr. Sharma Perween, Material Science, TU
- Ernst Ludwig Mobility Grant – Dr. Simon Gehrmann, Architecture, TU
- Athene Young Investigator – Dr. Johann Isaak, Physics, TU
- Emmy Noether Research Group – Dr. Karin Everschor-Sitte, Physics, Johannes Gutenberg University Mainz
- Johanna Quandt Young Academy – Dr. Jasmin Hefendehl & Dr. Sandra Eckert, Goethe University of Frankfurt
12.00 am – Challenges and Opportunities in the Postdoc Phase
Discussion with Vice Presidents of RMU partner universities
12.50 pm Break
1.00 pm – Networkingshops
A combination of networking and workshopping. You get to know and discuss with experts and fellow postdocs on a range of topics that are relevant for your career planning. Moreover, the sessions offer a follow-up to the programme pitches and the chance to get more detailed information on the presented programmes and to ask individual questions.
- Q&A with graduate organisations of RMU
- Leading a junior research group
- International mobility
- Third party funding
- Career opportunities in industry
2.00 pm End