Wednesday 2:00 – 4:00 pm
In the series of talks on career paths in science, professors of TU Darmstadt explain which stages have to be mastered on the way to professorship and how different scientists' biographies and career strategies can look like.
The focus here is on social sciences, humanities and economics – but all other related disciplines are also cordially invited.
Experienced as well as recently appointed full and assistant professors of TU Darmstadt will describe their personal career paths in a relaxed atmosphere, share their experiences and insights, and explain what is important for a career in science.
There will be plenty of room for your questions. At the end of the event, there will be the opportunity to address subject-specific questions to the professors in breakout sessions.
- Prof. Dr. Christoph Glock | Professor for Production and Supply Chain Management, Department of Law and Economics
- Prof.'in Dr. Ute Tellmann | Professor at the Institute of Sociology, Department of History and Social Sciences
- Prof.'in Dr. Katja Adl-Amini | Assistant Professor at the Institute for General and Vocational Pedagogy, Department of Humanities
Target group: Doctoral candidates and postdocs of Social Sciences, Humanities and Economics or other disciplines at TU Darmstadt, Gutenberg University Mainz and Goethe University Frankfurt (Rhine-Main-Universities, RMU)
Date/time: Wednesday, May 26, 2021 | 2:00 – 4:00 pm
Location: Online via Zoom
Moderation: Dr. Angela Müller| Ingenium
Please register for this event here.
Important information for registration
Please note that a registration via the registration form is obligatory for all Ingenium events.
Courses are free of charge for early career researchers of the TU Darmstadt.
Please consider the following information concerning the registration procedure:
- Please register for each event with a separate registration form.
- Once your registration form is submitted, your registration is binding.
- At least two weeks before the event starts, you will receive information about the status of your registration.
- Registrations are recognised in the order in which they have been submitted.
- Events will only take place if the necessary number of participants is reached.
- If you cannot participate in an event for which you have already registered, please contact us immediately to allow people on the waiting list to take your place.
- In the case of unexcused absence, future registrations will be considered subordinately.
- If an event is announced in German, it will be conducted in German. If an event is announced in English, it will be conducted in English.
The following applies only to trainings in the qualification programme:
- The registration form must be signed by your supervisor or adviser.
- You can register for up to five events per programme.
- Please send your registration as a scanned pdf version by e-mail. Alternatively, you may also send the registration by internal mail.
Child Care during events
You would like to participate in Ingenium events but do not have child care during that time? Here you can find more information about short-term child care at TU Darmstadt.