1. Confirmation of the PhD supervisor
In order to register or apply for enrolment online, you first need a written statement from your PhD supervisor at TU Darmstadt confirming supervision of your PhD research work.
2. Registration or application for enrolment via the online-portal „MoveIn“
Please use the “MoveIn” portal for your online registration/application. Don't be confused by the term “application / online application”; due to technical reasons, this is also used for the registration without enrolment.
At the end, the system generates an application.
3. Submission of documents to Dezernat Internationales
Please submit the following documents to Dezernat Internationales – International Admission:
- the application form from MoveIn with your signature
- the written confirmation from your PhD supervisor (depending on the department, this may be part of the form for application for PhD acceptance)
- certificates entitling the holder to PhD studies: Bachelor's/Master's degrees with Transcript of Records as officially certified copies and translations
Dezernat Internationales – International Admission checks the degrees for equivalence and will then send a corresponding message to the department.
Once your application documents have been received, you may be issued a conditional admission letter as a PhD student without a formal degree. This admission does not mean that you are accepted by the PhD committee. This decision is solely up to the relevant PhD committee of your department.
3a. Only if you want to enrol as phd student
Please visit International Admission in person during visiting hours to present the originals, your passport and to provide other necessary data. If you wish to enrol as a PhD student without a formal degree, additional documents must be submitted (e.g. current health insurance certificate and a de-registration certificate if you have been enroled at a German university previously).
3b. Only if you wish to register without enrolment as phd student
Please fill in the registration form (Excel-table)
4. Submission of documents to the Departmental Office
Then please submit the following documents to the Departmental Office:
- written confirmation of supervision from your PhD supervisor (depending on the department, this may be part of the application for PhD acceptance form)
- admission letter as PhD student without a formal degree
- application for acceptance for the doctorate of the faculty
- if necessary, further documents according to the requirements of the department
- only if no enrolment is required (only registration): registration form (excel) with your data
The department will inform you of the decision of the PhD Committee.
Once you are enroled as a PhD student, you will receive your documents (student ID, TU-ID, semester ticket) by letter post after your personal enrolment at International Admission.
- General Information about Doctorates
- What is the difference between registration and enrolment?
- Registration / enrolment as PhD candidate with foreign university entrance qualification or foreign master
- TUCAN: Online Registration / Enrolment for PhD-candidates with German university entrance qualification
- Online Registration and Enrollment for a doctorate
- Why do I need to register as a doctoral candidate?
- Can I change my mind between ‘registration’ and ‘enrollment’ afterwards?
- Do I get a TU-ID as a doctoral candidate?
- Registration for courses / language courses as doctoral candidate
- Enrolment/Registration for former TU students
- Online Registration / Enrollment: Which portal?