This is an activity-based workshop led by a theatre professional whose expertise is in helping the speaker effectively communicate the importance and relevance of the work and the core message in the talk. The hybrid seminar provides participants the opportunity to perfect their public-speaking skills in either a live or virtual setting.
Repetition is a key aspect of the training so that participants can strengthen the clarity, narrative, vocal emphasis and physicality of the talk in order to identify and support the speaker’s own dynamic style.
Throughout the two-day workshop, participants will be guided through interactive exercises to improve non-verbal communication, improve the ability to listen and react generously, and to integrate focusing techniques with which to empower the speaker. Attention will be given to breath and speech patterns, to strengthen both the ease and clarity of communication.
Participants will be required to prepare a 3 to 5 minute pitch or overview of their work incorporating also the use of a slide. This will provide a basis for applying the practical aims of the workshop.
Contents in brief:
- Concisely introducing yourself: practice your “pitch”
- Engaging the audience in one’s talk
- Affirming the strengths and individual style of the speaker
- Improving body language
- Effectively promoting oneself
- Develop strong tactics for effective communication
- Optimizing presentations skills in a remote format
- Voice and body techniques
- Partner work/role-play
- Breakout Rooms (virtual participants)
- Camera and microphone technique (virtual participants)
- Language practice and analysis
- Videotaping and feedback
Target group: Doctoral candidates and postdocs from all departments and fields of study
Trainer: Ric Oquita | impulsplus
- Monday, October 31st, 2022 | 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
- Tuesday, November 1st, 2022 | 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
Location: S1|03 Old Main University Building (Hochschulstr. 1), Room 212
Please note: This course offers limited places for remote participation. If you wish to participate remotely, let us know alongside your application.
Please fill in the (wird in neuem Tab geöffnet) and send it signed by your supervisor or adviser via E-Mail: Ingenium registration formingenium-anmeldung@tu-…