Equality Grant for the promotion of young scientists with family responsibilities or physical disabilities
What is the equality grant?
For scientists with family responsibilities or physical disabilities, the TU Darmstadt would like to establish an equalisation of disadvantages. The Equality Grant will be established in order to recognise the special challenges faced by scientists.
Who can apply?
Doctoral candidates and postdocs who have to reckon with significant additional costs in pursuing their scientific career either due to physical handicaps or special circumstances in reconciling family and science.
What can be funded?
Applications can be submitted in connection with research-relevant activities within the framework of scientific further development.
- Financing of caregiver or accompanying persons for research-relevant activities
- Extension of childcare hours beyond regular childcare in the last three months of the dissertation, the completion of research projects and other particular time constraints
- Applications to relieve the time burden on researchers by financing student and/or scientific assistants in special cases, e.g. return from parental leave, absence due to physical impairment, etc.
- Pro-rata subsidies for school or childcare costs incurred during a research stay abroad
Up to 50 % of the additional costs – and up to a maximum of EUR 500 – will be reimbursed on a pro rata basis. Up to two applications can be approved per person per year.
How can I apply?
Applications may be submitted at any time.
Please complete the (opens in new tab) and email it to Equality Grant application formDr. Bettina Wagner.
Please attach the following documents:
- Information on research-related activities (e.g. conference programme or invitation to a research stay)
- Cost calculation of the expected additional costs