You can apply for the scholarship under the following conditions:
- You have no alternative funding option
- You are accepted by a department of TU Darmstadt as a doctoral candidate and prepare the application in cooperation with your institute/research group (Fachgebiet)
- You are enrolled as doctoral candidate at TU Darmstadt during the funding period
- You have performed well and a successful completion of the dissertation (submission of dissertation) is to be expected within 6 months of the beginning of the scholarship
- You do not at the same time receive financial support from any other domestic or foreign authority. We point out that a non-academic employment is not permitted while receiving the scholarship. An academic employment may be exercised, where at max. 450,- € monthly may be earned.
In your motivation letter you are asked to argue why you did not finish the dissertation within the duration of the initial scholarship.
Your supervisor should refer to/confirm the reasons for the delay in his/her statement.
Please note: Along the doctoral phase unexpected project delays may take place in a multitude of cases. Eligibility for this scholarship requires that the unexpected delay was caused at the time by a personal emergency situation. A specific personal emergency situation caused by the Corona pandemic through no fault of one's own will be taken into account if appropriately reasoned. Please explain your personal emergency situation and give reasons why this situation caused the ongoing unexpected delay of your doctoral project. Delays due to the scope of the dissertation, general workload or restrictions in the research infrastructure (e.g., technical obstacles) that are in the responsibility of the institute/research group are not eligible. It is expected that you have been able to dedicate yourself to the purpose of your scholarship (i.e. scientific qualification) during the period of your regular scholarship.
Key aspects for the committee regarding the selection process:
- Applicant's need of assistance
- Comprehensible argumentation regarding the delay in completion
- Traceability and feasibility of the schedule
- Residence permit status