Services for research associations
Gender consulting for research associations
Existing research associations at TU Darmstadt as well as all persons who would like advice about gender equality when applying for a third-party funded project, e.g. coordinated DFG-programmes, as well as BMBF-, EU and LOEWE projects..
- Consulting on the topic of gender equality for all application phases
- Support during on-site reviews
- Consulting on gender equality policies in the collaborative research consortia
- Coordination of gender equality activities in collaborative research consortia
- Implementation of association-independent gender equality policies
- Consulting of female and male scientists
- Coordination with other service institutions at TU Darmstadt
TU Darmstadt would like to reinforce equal opportunities for men and women in all of its institutions and departments. The Gender Consulting service centre has been established in the Gender Equality Office in order to offer collaborative research consortia with a professional point of contact for gender equality-related manners and exploit synergy effects.
The base funding is guaranteed by TU Darmstadt so that research associations who are in the application phase can also use this service.
Existing DFG research associations can get involved in financing the office with a share of their gender equality funding and thus gain professional advice and support for their gender equality activities.
Participating Research Associations
The Gender Consulting service centre is an active member of the national Gender Consulting network and contributes to upholding the quality standard in the field of equal opportunities in collaborative research consortia through a regular exchange in the network and with the DFG
Training for top positions in science, business and politics
Strategic network analysis for career development for MINT careers
As part of this interval training and coaching, you have the opportunity to systematically analyse your network activities, optimise them specifically for your career, and gain experience in authentically drawing on your own strengths.
- Analysis of the strengths and weaknesses of the current personal network
- Introduction to the diagnosis tool “netquest” for strategic network analysis
- Network map tool to analyse the quality of current network activities
- Training of individual visibility, including in the science community
- Effective contact management
Target group: Female scientists in research associations funded by DFG
19th-21st September 2017 in German with Jasmin Döhling-Wölm (karrierekunst | Consulting Institute for Academic Career Development)