Getting the PhD done! Time-management and Self-management for Doctoral Candidates (March 22th & 23th, 2018)
9:30 am – 5:30 pm &
9:30 am – 1 pm
Being a doctoral student means to experience much more autonomy than in many other fields of activity. This however, requires high levels of self-organization. In this workshop you will be introduced to several aspects of effectively organizing your PhD project. You will reflect on your individual use of time and develop strategies for motivating yourself on the long run.
Contents in brief:
- Planning a project: What are the phases or a project and their core tasks? How do I formulate project goals? How do I set up a project plan?
- Time planning and prioritizing: How do I distribute my tasks over the week and avoid time pressure?
- Self-motivation: How do I motivate myself? How do I deal with typical ups and downs during the PhD?
- Analyzing personal strengths and weaknesses: Which resources can I rely on? What do I need to improve and how can I plan my development?
- Short presentations
- Individual and group exercises
Target group: Doctoral candidates from all departments and fields of study
Trainer: Dr. Sita Schanne | Abteilung Schlüsselkompetenzen und Hochschuldidaktik, Universität Heidelberg
- Thursday, March 22th, 2018 | 9:30 am – 5:30 pm
- Friday, March 23th, 2018 | 9:30 am – 1 pm
Location: S1|03 (Old main university building), Room 212
Please fill in the Ingenium registration form and send it signed by your supervisor or adviser via E-Mail: ingenium-anmeldung@tu-…