Welcome to Technische Universität Darmstadt!
You are a student at one of our partner universities in Africa, Asia, North and South America or Oceania and wish to spend one or two semesters at TU Darmstadt as an exchange or Double Degree student?
TU Darmstadt is one of the most renowned universities of technology in Germany with top rankings in research and teaching. Our highly qualified students are responsible for our outstanding position as a university which is recognised in the areas of science and engineering.
Darmstadt – the city of Science – offers a high quality of life with approximately 160,000 inhabitants and more than 40,000 students (over 27,000 of them at TU Darmstadt). Due to the location in the dynamic Rhine-Main Area, the traffic links are excellent and destinations all over Germany and Europe as well as numerous cultural offers and touristic destinations in the close proximity can be reached easily.
We are looking forward to having you!
Organising Your Stay
The following content provides you with valuable information on the organisation of your stay at TU Darmstadt. Whether questions about the application procedure, your schedule or house-hunting in Darmstadt, we will support you until your last day at TU Darmstadt.
Before Your Stay (15)
- Health Insurance for Exchange Students from Non-European Countries
- Accommodation in Darmstadt for Exchange Students
- Application to TU Darmstadt (Overseas Students)
- Costs and Budget
- Degree Programmes at TU Darmstadt
- Early Arrivals – Youth Hostels or Hotels in Darmstadt
- ECTS System
- How to Get to Darmstadt
- Language Requirements for Exchange Students from Non-European Countries
- Orientation Events
- Registration at TU Darmstadt – Exchange Students
- The Learning Agreement
- TU ID and Athena Card
- Visa Regulations for Degree-Seeking and International Exchange Students
- Writing a Bachelor or Master Thesis at TU Darmstadt
After Your Stay (6)
During Your Stay (12)