Health Insurance for Short-Term Programmes
If your study or research stay at TU Darmstadt is shorter than three months (e.g. participation in the IREP programme), you can make an application to be exempted from compulsory health insurance. However, you will have to submit proof of German private health insurance for the duration of your stay at TU Darmstadt.
The following regulations concerning private health insurance are to be observed:
If you are exempted from compulsory insurance, all services offered by your private health insurance have to correspond to the services of German statutory insurance.
The insurance contracts
- Mawista Student Comfort / Mawista Science
- Continentale Gruppenvertrag DAAD (Deutscher akademischer Austauschdienst)
- Care Concept College Care cover
- A & H Travel (for students from Australia)
- UPEI – Emergency Hospital & Medical Insurance for students from Canada in combination with statutory health insurance of a Canadian province
- educare24 XL / PROVISIT
are considered to be valid forms of health insurance. Please note that insurance purchased in a foreign country usually does not meet the requirements for an exemption. In these cases, an exemption from compulsory insurance is not possible.