Optimization of a winding for a bearingless PM synchronous machine
In this project the student compares different winding approaches for bearingless machines. A winding should be applied which combines the torque and radial force generation within a single winding.
Doing so, several requirements restrict the selection of winding topologies. The task is to give an overview over the different approaches and requirements and to select the most promising winding configuration.
During this process the student conducts analytical calculations mainly employing Matlab and finite element analysis mainly employing JMAG. On the beginning, a profound literature research has to be done.
Pre-requisites or requirements for the project
- Profound knowledge of electric machine design
- Experience with design of magnetic circuits such as magnetic bearings
Recommended literature and preparation
- Magnetic Bearings; Schweitzer, G.; Springer; 2009
- Magnetic Bearings and Bearingless Drives; Chiba, A.; Newnes; 2005
- Design of Rotating Electrical Machines; Pyrhönen, J.; Wiley; 2014
|Project available until||end of Dec 2018|