Organisational Issues for Double Degrees in the USA
- above-average high school graduation diploma
- proof of extra-curricular activities and social competence
- recognised industrial internship
The application at Virginia Tech involves two steps. The first step is to apply at TU Darmstadt for the dual degree Bachelor’s programme. The application has to be submitted in your third semester!
The documents of all nominated students will be forwarded to the Unit for International Relations and Mobility by the department of Mechanical Engineering. Students will then be asked to submit further documents (e.g. TOEFL test).
Application deadline: 30 November 2016, 12 am
Place of application: MechCenter (postbox in front of room 125 or in room 249)
Documents to be submitted:
- printed version of the online application form of the Unit for International Relations and Mobility
- letter of motivation with a short description of the study project abroad
- proof of academic achievements (list of grades + certificate of industrial internship)
- copy of the high school graduation diploma
- CV in table format
A selection committee in the Department of Mechanical Engineering tests the student’s aptitude. The Unit for International Relations and Mobility informs the nominated candidates and sets up an appointment for further application steps.
Participants of the dual degree Bachelor’s programme pay tuition at their home university. No tuition has to be paid at the partner university.