With Erasmus+, students have the possibility to study in a European country and thus to improve their social and cultural skills.
This also enables them to get to know the academic system of a foreign university and to benefit from new teaching and learning methods.
The programme offers the following services to students:
- transfer of credits from the partner university
- exemption from student fees at the partner university
- support during the preparation (culture, language, organisation)
- partial schoolarship to finance stay
- extra grants for single parents
- extra grants for students with special needs
Prerequisites for participating in the Erasmus+ programme:
- you are a registered student at TU Darmstadt
- you have sufficient skills of the language of instruction at your host university
- you have been nominated for studying abroad by your departmental coordinator
- at the time of your study visit you have concluded at least four semesters of your studies. You need to apply during your second semester.
When Do I Apply?
You should plan with a total preparation time of one year. Applications for a stay abroad in the academic year 2019/20 need to be submitted in autumn 2018. Even if you are planning to go abroad in the summer semester 2020, you will have to apply in the autumn of 2018. General application deadline is 30th of November 2018.
The online application will be available from 1st of October until 30th of November 2018.
Please ask your departmental coordinator about your department’s deadlines.
Please note: The application for remaining spots for the academic year 2019/20 will be available from 1st of May until 31st of May 2019.
Financing – Erasmus+ as Study Grant
Erasmus+ Study Grant (if accepted)
Denmark, Finland, Ireland, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Norway, Sweden, UK: 420 Euro/ Month
Belgium, Germany, France, Greece, Italy, Malta, Netherlands, Austria, Portugal, Spain, Cyprus: 360 Euro/ Month
Bulgaria, Estonia, Croatia, Latvia, Lithunia, Poland, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Macedonia,Czech Republic, Turkey, Hungary: 300 Euro/ Month
*Requirement: minimum duration of stay: 90 days
**Requirement: minimum duration of stay to receive an Erasmus+ grant: 90 days
Health, Accident and Personal Liability Insurances
Participating in the Erasmus+ programme does not include any insurance coverage in the host country. We therefore recommend that you check whether your insurances are also valid abroad.
DAAD offers insurance for students abroad; the costs must be covered by the students. You can find further information on the group insurance of DAAD here.