Employees of TU Darmstadt are welcome to improve their individual linguistic, professional and social competences with a short stay at a European partner university or in a company abroad.
This advanced training programme supports the professional development and the international competence of our employees and can be funded with grants for Erasmus+ mobility for staff training.
The following forms of training are possible within the framework of internationalisation of universities for staff (teaching and administration) at European partner universities or in foreign companies or institutions:
- job shadowing
- training as short-term stay at a Erasmus+ partner university
The stay abroad should last at least three to five working days (one week) and not more than ten working days.
Target Group and Offers
Target group: Employees of the administration and departments (all areas).
With Erasmus+ Training (Erasmus+ STT) employees from all areas can be promoted. Here are some examples:
- general and technical administration
- international offices
- public relations
- student counselling
- technology and transfers
A) von Partneruniversitäten organisierte Angebote (z.B. Staff Week)
B) Individual stays at partner universities
Application and Application Deadlines
Application deadlines: Submit your complete application to the Unit for International Relations and Mobility 2 months prior to your planned mobility.
Subject to available funds, requests addressed to our office at a later point can also be considered; however, they have to be submitted at the latest four weeks prior to the begin of the mobility.
You can find the application form as a PDF here.
Requirements for the Erasmus+ mobility for staff training application:
- sufficient knowledge of English (B1 of CEFR is recommended); in some cases further languages can be an advantage or are a prerequisite in the chosen host country
- sound and work-related training intentions (or working programme)
- approval of the proposed plan by the responsible supervisor(s)
- cooperation agreement with the Erasmus+ partner university
Funding with Erasmus+ means can be granted if sufficient funds are available and a complete application has been submitted. The stays can be subsidised with Erasmus+ funding rates for staff mobility.
- Repeated funding is possible. However, employees who are taking part in the mobility measures for the first time are preferred.
- Applications are processed and checked for funding opportunities according to the time of submission.
- Staff mobility has to take place in a country which is not the country of the sending university and which is not the primary residence of the participant.
With the programme generation Erasmus+, the financial subsidy has been converted into a lump sum (so-called unit costs) for travelling and accommodation costs. Any positive difference between actual costs and unit costs can be kept by the participant and, if needs be, have to be taxed personally.
The calculation of unit costs for travelling can be done with the Distance Calculator of the European Commission. The amount identified in the table below refers to all travelling costs (outward and return journey).
< 100 km – no subsidy
100–499 km – 180 EUR
500–1,999 km – 275 EUR
2,000–2,999 km – 360 EUR
3,000–3,999 km – 530 EUR
4,000–7,999 km – 820 EUR
8.000 km and more 1,3000 EUR
Individual Support per Day:
Unit costs for host country per participant per day:
- Denmark, Ireland, Netherlands, Sweden, United Kingdom: 160 EUR
- Belgium, Bulgaria, Finland, France, Greece, Iceland, Italy, Liechtenstein, Luxemburg, Norway, Austria, Poland, Romania, Czech Republic, Turkey, Hungary, Cyprus: 140 EUR
- Germany, Latvia, Malta, Macedonia (FYROM), Portugal, Slovakia, Spain: 120 EUR
- Estonia, Croatia, Lithuania, Slovenia: 100 EUR
Please note: the participant’s mobility programme needs to confirm that there have been activities related to the mobility measure on the funded days.
Parallel funding for similar costs from other funds provided by other EU programmes is not possible.
Grants for Participants with Special Needs
Participants of staff mobility whose degree of disability is at least 50% can apply for a special grant.
Erasmus+ Staff Mobility Information Event
No upcoming events at the moment. Please refer to the information offered on this web page or contact Corinna Caspar-Terizakis.
Guidelines and Documents
You have further questions?
Please contact Corinna Caspar-Terizakis in the Unit for International Relations and Mobility, email@example.com-…,06151 16 24051.