The Material- and Geological Science Department is offering a position in the research group “Theory of magnetic Materials” opening on 1 July 2018 in the field of high throughput design of magnetic materials for a
Research Associate – 50 %
limited for the duration of three years.
We are looking for a highly motivated colleague to join the research group “Theory of Magnetic Materials” at the Institute of Materials Science as a PhD student.
This is an opportunity to be on the forefront of high throughput design of functional magnetic materials, such as permanent magnets, magneto caloric materials, and interfacial magnetism. The research of the group focuses on rational design of magnetic/topological materials, and the position is part of a collaboration with strong interactions with experimentalists and other theoritician.
- Ideal candidates will have a background in physics or related fields
- experience in DFT and condensed matter physics
- sound programming skills in Python and Fortran/C
- Good communication skills both orally and in written English are desirable.
Opportunity for further qualification (doctoral dissertation) is given. The fulfillment of the research and service requirements attached to this position serve at the same time as fulfillment of the academic requirements for a candidate's doctoral degree.
The Technische Universität Darmstadt intends to increase the number of female employees and encourages female candidates to apply. In case of equal qualifications applicants with a degree of disability of at least 50 or equal will be given preference. Wages and salaries are according to the collective agreements on salary scales, which apply to the Technische Universität Darmstadt (TV-TU Darmstadt).
Applicants are invited to send the following documents to Hongbin Zhang (hzhang at tmm.tu-darmstadt.de):
- a brief research statement including perspectives on designing (one of) permanent magnets, magneto caloric materials, interfacial magnetism
- an updated CV with a full publication list, transcripts for both Bachelor and Master studies, and minimal two letters of recommendation. A master degree is required.
Code. No. 119
Application deadline: March 31, 2018