The Department of Computer Science, System Security Lab, headed by Prof. Dr.-Ing. Ahmad-Reza Sadeghi, invites applications for several positions as
The positions are initially limited to 3 years.
The applicants are expected to work on the research projects of the System Security Lab on System Security.
- Master’s or Diploma Degree
- Prior knowledge of IT Security is required
- Knowledge and first experiences in the following areas are advantageous:
- System and platform security
- Hrdware-based security (emphasis on the embedded system and Internet of Things IoT)
- Attacks and exploits
- Blockchain technologies
- Competences in scientific work and applied research
- Didactic skills (communication, motivation, creativity)
- Structured work and organizational skills
The Group's research areas include (amongst others):
- Systems Security
- Runtime Attacks and Defense (e.g. Code-reuse attacks, Data Flow Integrity)
- Embedded Security Architectures
- Resilient Autonomous Systems
- IoT Security & Privacy
- Diverse, hands-on research
- Publication of research results at international scientific conferences
- An international team
Opportunity for further qualification (doctoral dissertation) is given. The fulfillment of the duties likewise enables the scientific qualifications of the candidate.
The Technische Universität Darmstadt intends to increase the number of female employees and encourages female candidates to apply. In case of equal qualifications applicants with a degree of disability of at least 50 or equal will be given preference. Wages and salaries are according to the collective agreements on salary scales, which apply to the Technische Universität Darmstadt (TV-TU Darmstadt). Part-time employment is generally possible.
Applications should include a cover letter, CV, overview of grades (Bachelor and Master) and two reference letters and should be submitted electronically all in one PDF with the subject number "Application as a Research Assistant" to Prof. Dr.-Ing. Ahmad-Reza Sadeghi (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Mandy Herberg (email@example.com).
Code No. 586
Application deadline: March 31, 2019