The Hessian Ministry of Science and the Arts (HMWK) awards scholarships within the framework of the “HessenFonds” for particularly gifted and high-performing refugees, doctoral students and scientists.
The funding serves to continue a course of study or an academic career at a state university in Hessen. Students are to be supported above all in the introductory phase.
Current round of applications:
- Funding period from 01 April 2020 to 31 March 2021
- Application deadline is 31.01.2010
- The amount of funding for students is 300 Euro/month
Please make sure you make an appointment with us if you wish to apply for the HessenFonds Scholarship.
Complete application documents must be submitted to the Central Coordination Unit for Refugee Integration.
The university nominates the qualified applicants to the Hessian Ministry of Science and the Arts.
- Asylum seeker or recognised refugee
- Enrolled at a state university in the state of Hesse
- Outstanding academic achievements
- At the time of the start of the scholarship, have not been registered in Germany for more than three years, i.e. have applied for asylum and have not lived in Germany for more than four years