During this interactive information event, we will explain the requirements for participation in the university preparation courses and provide a first look at the diverse degree programs TU Darmstadt offers. The event will be conducted by one employee and two student employees from the ZKF. In many cases, the information from this event can be translated into your native language. For the conclusion of the event, all participants are invited enjoy a meal together in the cafeteria.
After you have registered we will receive an invitation to the next Campusorientation.
2. Review of academic qualifications
After the Campus Orientation Tour, you can make an appointment for the Transcript Review. During this Review, you will discover if you have the qualifications required to study in Germany.
The following documents are required for the Review:
- School-leaving qualifications
- University certificates (if available)
- Language certificates (if available)
The certificates must be translated to German, English, or French.
You can register for the test via the TestAS-Portal. On this website, in addition to registering, you can also inform yourself about the test itself and the upcoming test dates.
- Taking the TestAS for free is only possible once.
- Cancellation of your registration is only allowed during the registration period. If you forget to cancel your registration during the registration period, your failure to be present on the test day will be recorded as a failed attempt.
To prepare for the test, you can download sample questions in German, English or Arabic from the portal or pick them up from us in the office.
4. Documents to be submitted
After you completed all the requirements mentioned above, you can hand in the following documents:
- Letter of Motivation
- TestAS Certificate, or proof of participation
- Verification of German language skills (if available)
5. Assessment & Placement
After you have submitted a complete application to us, we will invite you to our internal placement exam for the preparatory language courses.
Your previous language certificate will not predetermine your placement.
Through this test we will examine your skills in the areas:
- „Listening Comprehension”
- “Text Comprehension, including Vocabulary and Grammar”
- “Written Text Production”
- There will be no oral examination in conjunction with this test.
After the placement exam, we will put together a ranked list and assign you a place in one of the courses.
You will obtain more information about the start of the courses via email.