During this interactive information event, we will explain the requirements for participation in the university preparation courses and provide a first look at the diverse degree programs TU Darmstadt offers. The event will be conducted by one employee and two student employees from the ZKF. In many cases, the information from this event can be translated into your native language. For the conclusion of the event, all participants are invited enjoy a meal together in the cafeteria.
After you have registered we will receive an invitation to the next Campusorientation.
2. Review of academic qualifications
After the Campus Orientation Tour, you can make an appointment for the Transcript Review. During this Review, you will discover if you have the qualifications required to study in Germany.
The following documents are required for the Review:
- School-leaving qualifications
- University certificates (if available)
- Language certificates (if available)
The certificates must be translated to German, English, or French.
3. Documents to be submitted
After you completed all the requirements mentioned above, you can hand in the following documents:
- Language Course Registration form for Refugees Interested in Studying
- Verification of German language skills (if available)
- Copy of Residency Status
4. Assessment & Placement
After you have submitted a complete application to us, we will invite you to our internal placement exam for the preparatory language courses.
Your previous language certificate will not predetermine your placement.
Through this test we will examine your skills in the areas:
- „Listening Comprehension”
- “Text Comprehension, including Vocabulary and Grammar”
- “Written Text Production”
- There will be no oral examination in conjunction with this test.
After the placement exam, we will put together a ranked list and assign you a place in one of the courses.
You will obtain more information about the start of the courses via email.