Since the academic year 2012/2013, the scholarship program of the Max Müller and Delphine Müller-Alewyn Foundation has supported the student exchange program between the TU Darmstadt and Finnish universities. Students at the Technical University of Darmstadt and its Finnish partner universities have the opportunity to receive the Finland-Scholarship after being successfully nominated as exchange students.
The Finland Scholarship of the Müller Alewyn Foundation will additionally be paid to the Erasmus+ Scholarship. Requirements for this scholarship are listed below.
- You must be enrolled as a student at TU Darmstadt
- You must be nominated by your academic department and the Department of International Relations and Mobility for a study abroad at a Finnish partner university the following academic year.
- You must have successfully completed a Finnish language course (at least level A1 GER). Please note that a higher level of language proficiency will increase your chances of receiving this scholarship.
- You must apply before the deadline by submitting the application form and necessary supplementary materials.
If you are a student at one of our Finnish partner universities and interested in this program, please . click here
Every semester, a maximum of two students from TU Darmstadt are awarded this scholarship. Students may receive it for a maximum of two semesters. The scholarship is worth €1,250.00 per semester in total. It will be transfered to the given bank account in two installments.
The following documents must be submitted as part of the application.
- Application Form
- For students at TU Darmstadt: Finnish language level certificate (for example, a DAAD form from the language center)
- Current Transcript of Records
- Cover Letter (written in German or English)
- Resume (written in German or English)
The application must be submitted in written form or via E-Mail to:
Referat Internationale Beziehungen & Mobilität
Received applications will be checked for completeness. The scholarships will be awarded by a selection committee on the basis of certified language ability, the cover letter, and academic record.
Applications of the nominated students from TU Darmstadt and its Finnish partner universities are due:
- By July 31 for a study abroad in the upcoming winter semester or participating in two semesters abroad
- By January 31 for a study abroad in the upcoming summer semester.