The attest has to be submitted to the Office for Student Affairs of your department.
In order to withdraw from an examination due to illness, the responsible Office for Student Affairs must receive an original medical certificate (ärztliche Bescheinigung / ärtzliches Attest) which certifies the following:
- Inability to take the examination (Prüfungsunfähigkeit)
- Beginning and (expected) end of the illness
The certificate must be submitted to your Office for Student Affairs no later than three calendar days after the examination date, i.e. to your department – even if the examination is held in a different department.
Only then is the application for withdrawal from the examination considered to be in due form and time according to APB §15(2).
Simple certificates of incapacity for work (the simple “yellow notes”) aren’t accepted anymore!
If the day you are supposed to submit the certificate falls on a Saturday or Sunday, the day of delivery is postponed to the following Monday.
If the day you are supposed to submit the certificate falls on a public holiday, the delivery day is postponed to the following day.
- What Office for Student Affairs is my office?
- Withdrawal due to Illness
- Unterschied zwischen Studienbüro und Studierendenservice
- Abmeldefrist von Prüfungen
- Inability to take the exam due to illness - medical certificate
- How do I withdraw from an examination?
- How to find the registration/cancellation deadline for examinations
- Rücktritt von einer Prüfung ohne Gründe
- Rücktritt von der Prüfung aus gesundheitlichen oder ähnlich schwerwiegenden Gründen
- Prüfungsunfähigkeit wegen Erkrankung während der Prüfung
- Erkrankung eines zu versorgenden Kindes