15 PhD positions offered by the Graduate School LSE under the EU Marie Skłodowska-Curie Programme (MSCA) COFUND project
The program “Interdisciplinary and intersectoral doctoral training programme at Technische Universität Darmstadt in Life Science Engineering” – trainLSE – aims to establish interdisciplinary research and training of excellent international young researchers at the interface between engineering and life sciences. trainLSE is integrated into the existing PhD program of the Graduate School Life Science Engineering (GS LSE) at TU Darmstadt. PhD candidates will become a member of the LSE community and benefit from the structured doctoral training.
A total of 15 doctoral students are able to combine expertise from the engineering and life sciences in their own unique way, and develop a new constructive engineering way of considering biology.
The MSCA-COFUND doctoral program not only provides research training in the fields of biology, chemistry, materials science, electrical engineering, physics, and mechanical engineering, but also prepares you for your future career in academia and industry and offers the opportunity of research internships in renowned partner research institutions, universities or companies in different countries.
PhD candidates participating in the COFUND program benefit from:
- EU co-funded PhD position for 48 months
- Interdisciplinary projects at the intersection of life science and engineering
- Mobility grant for a research internship in renowned partner institutions, universities and companies
- Participation in national and international conferences
- Training sessions for transferable skills
- Annual retreat of the of Graduate School LSE
- International, open minded and vibrant community
Please carefully review the following details of the PhD program before submitting your application.