With your visit to the fair, you will gain in just a few hours
- an excellent overview of industries that are recruiting at the TU Darmstadt,
- personal contacts with recruiters and specialists from potential employers,
- first-hand expert information on career opportunities and trends in the world of work, both at the exhibition stands and in the attractive accompanying programme.
Make sure you are well prepared!
- Plan your day at the fair:
Select employers you would like to talk to in advance. Find out about these companies and check whether one-on-one meetings are possible at the fair. It may be important to make contact in advance.
Schedule approx. 20-45 minutes per stand. Also consider which accompanying offers you would like to use. Free offers such as CV checks or photo shoots are booked up quickly.
- Practise your self-presentation:
Play through in advance how you would like to introduce and present yourself at the stand. What are you particularly good at? Which entry area suits you? What questions do you have for the company?
Go over your short self-presentation at home in front of the mirror or with friends. Start with a less exciting company at the job fair and save your favourite employer for the 2nd or 3rd interview.
- Prepare short applications:
At the job fair you can still use physical application folders. For a short application, a cover letter and an up-to-date CV (incl. application photo!) in a folder or transparent pocket are sufficient. An individual cover letter tailored to your desired employer is particularly convincing.