Training “Information Security at your Workplace”
Target group: all employees of TU Darmstadt
IT is used practically everywhere at TU Darmstadt. This makes it all the more important that TUDa's IT systems and digital data are protected. However, this cannot be achieved by technical measures alone. The human factor plays a decisive role in information security and is deliberately exploited by attackers.
This course will teach you the basic courses of conduct and concepts to achieve information security in the workplace. Learn about the most important attack methods and how you can counter them and thus contribute to ensuring information security at TU Darmstadt.
The contents of the course will be illustrated with practical examples and practiced on case studies. In addition, we present useful tools and aids that facilitate “information-secure” behavior in everyday life and show you how to react correctly if something does go wrong.
- Basics of information security in the workplace
- Definitions and delimitation
- Potential threats and attackers
- Information security at the workplace and on the road – basic rules and courses of conduct
- Basic rules and behaviors
- Antivirus software
- Password security
- Phishing – recognizing dangerous e-mails, links and attachments
- (E-mail) signature and encryption
- Virtual Private Network (VPN)
- Behavior in an IT security emergency