Recommended external content
We have selected external content from YouTube for you and would like to show it to you right here. To do this, you must reveal it with one click. You can hide the external content at any time with another click.
Question: How long is a person's reaction time?
Reaction time measurement task:
- Set up a human chain with several people.
- The first person nudges or taps the next, this person, when she notices it, nudges the next, and so on.
- Pass on the “stimulus” at least 10 times.
- Measure the time for the whole run-through (10 or more passes).
- Calculate how long a pass takes on average for one person.
- Repeat 3 times.
- Write down the numbers (total time, number of passes, average reaction time per person)
IMPORTANT due to Corona:
- Think about how you can get 10 or more passes when you have fewer people.
- And: how you can bridge the corona-safe distance between you.
- Take a photo of how you bridged the corona distance and organized your measurement.
Send the results of the 3 measurements and the photo until September 13 to:
Center for Cognitive Science
From all the correct solutions received, 3 guided tours of the LOEWE project WhiteBox will be raffled.
IMPORTANT: Talk to your parents before participating in the competition and have them fill out the (opens in new tab) for your participation in the ProLOEWE Science Rallye. Only then can we let you participate. Then send this together with your solution to the above address. declaration of consent
And now we wish you the best of luck!