Slidewriting – Create clear slides quickly (March 28th-29th, 2023) – Online Training
Are you fed up with creating presentations? Does it take too long? Are you wasting time on formatting and lacking screen space for your ideas? Moreover, do you get the feeling that your slides do not always excite your audience?
The goal of this training is to quickly create slides and stories that make you stand out, e.g. for a conference, an internal meeting, your thesis defense etc.
In the theoretical part of the training, you will learn techniques for structuring complex information logically and for designing easy-to-understand slides and storylines quickly and effectively. In the practical part, you will then apply these techniques and produce slides and stories for your own work. Ultimately, you will gain a complete draft of your own next presentation.
Practical exercises make up more than 60% of this training. Optionally, you can send an already existing presentation to the trainer and receive written, confidential feedback.
In order to take place in the online training, you need to have a PC/Laptop or a smartphone with an internet connection.
Target group: Doctoral candidates from all departments and fields of study
Trainer: Dr. Markus Burger | Slidewriting
- Tuesday, March 28th, 2023 | 9:00 am – 1:00 pm
- Wednesday, March 29th, 2023 | 9:00 am – 1:00 pm
Location: Online via Zoom Pro. You will receive the link to log in to the virtual room via email by your trainer.
Please fill in the (wird in neuem Tab geöffnet) and send it signed by your supervisor or adviser via E-Mail: Ingenium registration formingenium-anmeldung@tu-…
holds a Bachelor of Science and a Master of Science from Oxford University. He received his PhD in Economics from FU Berlin, where he worked as a Postdoc thereafter. He is a respected industry-insider, working as a consultant with the Boston Consulting Group. Since more than 12 years, he is working as a trainer focusing on the logic of comprehensive and convincing slides. Markus Burger
His motto: Tidying up creates structure
Please note that a registration via the registration form is obligatory for all Ingenium events.
Courses are free of charge for early career researchers of the TU Darmstadt.
Please consider the following information concerning the registration procedure:
- Please register for each event with a separate registration form.
- Once your registration form is submitted, your registration is binding.
- At least two weeks before the event starts, you will receive information about the status of your registration.
- Registrations are recognised in the order in which they have been submitted.
- Events will only take place if the necessary number of participants is reached.
- If you cannot participate in an event for which you have already registered, please contact us immediately to allow people on the waiting list to take your place.
- In the case of unexcused absence, future registrations will be considered subordinately.
- If an event is announced in German, it will be conducted in German. If an event is announced in English, it will be conducted in English.
The following applies only to trainings in the qualification programme:
- The registration form must be signed by your supervisor or adviser.
- You can register for up to five events per programme.
- Please send your registration as a scanned pdf version by e-mail.
Child Care during events
You would like to participate in Ingenium events but do not have child care during that time? Here you can find more information about . short-term child care at TU Darmstadt