Resetting your password as applicant
You can usually reset your password yourself.
As an applicant for a study place, you use your e-mail address as a temporary TU ID. However, this is only valid for TUCaN and is not managed via the central identity management. As an applicant, you should therefore reset your password directly in TUCaN using the menu item TUCaN Account > Forgotten password.
To reset your password, please follow these steps in TUCaN:
- Click on “TUCaN Account” -> “Lost password”.
- Enter your email address, which is your temporary TU-ID, and confirm by clicking “Send”.
- After that, you should receive an email containing a link. Click this link (it will lead you to the TUCaN site), and there will be another email sent to you, this time containing a temporary password.
- With the new temporary password, you can log in to the web portal.
- Due to security reasons, you have to change your temporary password.
Note: The dispatch of these emails can take up to a few hours if the system exceptionally busy.