Generally, you will be able to reset your password by yourself and set a new one. Depending on if you are an matriculated student or an applicant, there are different ways of doing so.
Resetting Your Password: Matriculated Student
As a student at TU Darmstadt, your password is administrated by the central identity management and can be reset through this department: Reset your password as a matriculated student.
Resetting Your Password: Applicant
As an applicant, your email address is your temporary TU-ID. It is only valid in TUCaN and isn’t administrated by the central identity management. In this case, you will have to reset your password directly in TUCaN.
To do this, please follow these steps in TUCaN:
- Click on “Application” -> “Lost password”.
- Enter your email address, which is your temporary TU-ID, and confirm by clicking “Send”.
- After that, you should receive an email containing a link. Click this link (it will lead you to the TUCaN site), and there will be another email sent to you, this time containing a temporary password.
- With the new temporary password, you can log in to the web portal.
- Due to security reasons, you have to change your temporary password.
Note: The dispatch of these emails can take up to a few hours if the system exceptionally busy.