An assessor may be allowed to participate in the viva voce using audio-visual conferencing, provided that this is permitted within the scope of the Special Provisions (specific authorisation required). This only applies to assessors, not to other members of the Examination Board.
Audio-visual transmission may only be used if the examination board, doctoral committee and the doctoral candidate agree to its use.
- Who can sit on the examination board?
- Can members of the examination board be represented by another person?
- In which language will the viva voce be conducted?
- Which requirements apply to junior scientists who wish to be assessors?
- May the report on a doctoral examination be sent to external examiners electronically?