The Examination Board will decide whether to accept the doctoral thesis by the end of the consultation period. During this decision process, the board can also decide on the language in which the viva voce will be conducted.
The language will be confirmed by the Dean in the invitation (if the examination is conducted in a language other than German).
The record of the examination will be written in German (Sect. 16, Para. 3 p. 3 of the Doctoral Regulations).
- Who can sit on the examination board?
- Can members of the examination board be represented by another person?
- In which language will the viva voce be conducted?
- Which requirements apply to junior scientists who wish to be assessors?
- May the report on a doctoral examination be sent to external examiners electronically?