The following websites give you an overview of different scholarship programmes:
BAFöG (state-funded student loans) will be granted to international students on rare occasions and under specific conditions.
The Deutschlandstipendium offers students financial aid for a limited time period.
In the case of financial emergencies, our office provides advice on appointment. You can also get financial counseling here.
Financial Funding for international students in their final study phase
Online applications for “Leistungsorientierte Studienabschluss-Förderung” (Financial funding for international students in their final study phase) can be submitted twice a year.
Application periods: 01 – 15 April and 01 – 15 October.
The online application portal closes on Tuesday, 15 October 2019 at 24:00 .
Printed application documents can be handed in at the International Counter until Wednesday, 16 October 2019 until 14:00.
Requirements for applicants:
- Citizenship other than German
- Higher education entrance qualification from a country other than Germany or from a “Studienkolleg” in Germany
- Enrolment in a Bachelor, Master or teaching program at TU Darmstadt
- overall GPA ≤ 2,74
- Final thesis is already registered or will be within the next six months
Complete online application form and hand it in at the International Counter at karo 5 with the following documents:
- Current transcript of records, stamped by “Studienbüro” (departmental study office)
- Form “Confirmation of thesis registration”
Important: Even if your thesis has not been registered yet, please fill out the form „Confirmation of thesis registration” nevertheless and mark “thesis has not been registered to date”. A confirmation of “Studienbüro” is not required in this case.
- Proof of social hardship or family situation that needs to be considered in particular, if applicable (e.g. birth certificate of child)
- Proof of the duration and amount of scholarships you have received or are currently receiving.
- Funding is awarded on the basis of performance criteria and, if applicable, in consideration of the applicant's social or family situation
- Students with children will be considered in particular
Applications that are incomplete or handed in after the application period cannot be considered.
Students can receive financial funding only once in each degree course.
Students in cooperation programs or Erasmus programs as well as doctoral students cannot apply for this financial assistance.