Right of Residence for Job Search:
According to German Law (§ 20 para. 3 no. 1 AufenthG), a residence permit can be issued up to 18 months after the successful completion of a degree-programme. After completion of your studies, you have the right to apply for a residence permit in Germany to look for work.
For this purpose, the Foreigner's Office requires the following documents:
• Application for extension of the residence permit
• Copy of the Bachelor or Master degree
• Proof of securing livelihood (blocked account, employment contract, declaration of commitment or Verpflichtungserklärung)
• Rental agreement/contract
• Proof of health insurance