No, the publication of the thesis is a pre-requisite for receiving the academic qualification. Moreover, unpublishing’ a thesis is practically impossible due to it having been transmitted to other institutions, including the Deutsche Nationalbibliothek. Sect. 19(2)f. of the TU Darmstadt Publication Service Guidelines also forbids this practice.
- What does ‘released in book stores’ mean?
- Can a doctoral thesis be modified once it has been published on TUprints?
- Which type of license is the most appropriate for diffusing my research results?
- Is there any financial support available for the publication of my thesis?
- How is a doctoral thesis published?
- What does ‘versioning’ mean with respect to a doctoral thesis and how does it work?
- Does the ISBN prove that the thesis has been distributed to book stores?
- Does a printed copy of the doctoral thesis need to be filed in the departmental office’s archives?
- When, where and how does the electronic version need to be submitted?
- Titel Page Specifications
- Declaration to doctoral thesis and transfer of rights
- Sperrvermerk zur Dissertation wegen Patentanmeldung