No, the publication of the thesis is a pre-requisite for receiving the academic qualification. Moreover, unpublishing’ a thesis is practically impossible due to it having been transmitted to other institutions, including the Deutsche Nationalbibliothek. Sect. 19(2)f. of the (opens in new tab) also forbids this practice. TU Darmstadt Publication Service Guidelines
- What does ‘released in book stores’ mean?
- Can a doctoral thesis be modified once it has been published on TUprints?
- Which type of license is the most appropriate for diffusing my research results?
- Is there any financial support available for the publication of my thesis?
- How is a doctoral thesis published?
- Does the ISBN prove that the thesis has been distributed to book stores?
- Does a printed copy of the doctoral thesis need to be filed in the departmental office’s archives?
- When, where and how does the electronic version need to be submitted?
- Titel Page Specifications
- Declaration to doctoral thesis and transfer of rights
- Sperrvermerk zur Dissertation wegen Patentanmeldung