Invited are female students from all study fields of TU Darmstadt. Especially welcome are students from STEM fields (= science, technology, engineering and mathematics), as very few women study in these fields and at the same time many have an intercultural background.
- Female students (mentees) are accompanied on an individual basis over a period of nine months by a female advanced student or doctoral student (mentor).
- They gain support in all matters concerning the organisation of their studies as well as an easier introduction to the university structures.
- At the start of the project, mentees and mentors are given an introduction on the effective shaping of the mentoring relationship.
- Regular group meetings
- Exchanging of experiences and networking
- Networking evening with working women from science and business
- Various workshops on reflection and the development of intercultural skills
- Support for applications for scholarships, internships and part-time work
As a mentee: Female first-year students (first semester of bachelor & master) with a background of migration or from abroad.
As a mentor: Female students (at least 5 subject-related semesters) or female doctoral students.
The next round of applications will be open in October 2019. Please apply via e-mail to Frauke Eckl.
Do you have any questions about the programme or application? Please contact the Big Sister project coordinator Frauke Eckl.