The following documents (including certified copies of all certificates and language certificates) must be submitted together in paper form with the printed online application form until the application deadline (please see “Application Periods and Deadlines”):
- school-leaving certificate in the original language, and a certified translation (certified copies)
- list of grades and subjects in the original language, and a certified translation (certified copies)
- university entrance examination/certificate (if required in your country) in the original language, and a certified translation (certified copies)
- copy of your passport ID page
- proof of your language skills (certified copy)
In addition, if you have attended university:
- academic degree in the original language, and a certified translation (certified copies)
- transcript of records for each semester in the original language, and a certified translation (certified copies)
If you have applied for the programmes B.Sc. Psychology and/or B.Sc. Biology via the DoSV, please let us know your BID and BAN, which you received after registering at www.hochschulstart.de
Please read the checklist provided in your application carefully. In some cases you will have to submit further documents specified by the department.
All documents may be submitted in English or German.
Documents in any other language must be translated. Translations must be certified by the German embassy or consulate. Alternatively, the documents must be translated by a certified (vereidigte) translator in Germany.
Please submit legally certified copies of all documents only (no originals).
Certifications will only be accepted if they were made by:
- the institution (school or university) which issued the original
- the office of the mayor or city council (Ortsgericht) of a German town
- a notary in Germany
- a German embassy or a German consulate in a foreign country
- a foreign embassy or consulate in Germany
Certifications cannot be accepted if they were issued by:
- building cooperatives
- health insurance providers
- student organisations
- welfare organisations
Incomplete or late applications will be rejected.