All doctoral students are required by law to register.
Only data required for statistical purposes will be collected during the registration process. The alternative option is to enrol. You will be asked for the necessary registration data during the enrolment process.
Enrolment entitles you to receive student status (including student ID card, travel card (Semesterticket) and TU-ID) including the possibility to register for courses.
- General Information about Doctorates
- What is the difference between registration and enrolment?
- Registration / enrolment as PhD candidate with foreign university entrance qualification or foreign master
- Doctoral candidates: Online Registration / Enrolment in TUCaN with German university entrance qualification
- Doctorates: Online Registration and Enrollment - general information
- Why do I need to register as a doctoral candidate?
- Can I change my mind between ‘registration’ and ‘enrollment’ afterwards?
- Do I get a TU-ID as a doctoral candidate?
- Registration for courses / language courses as doctoral candidate
- Enrolment/Registration for former TU students
- Online Registration / Enrollment: Which portal?
- Due to the imminent completion of my doctorate, I no longer wish to re-register as a student for the coming semester.