How do I withdraw from an examination?
In general, you can withdraw from the examination until 7 days before the examination date. These dates may vary individually – please consider the deadlines in the exam details!
The legal basis about examinations can be found in the (opens in new tab). Allgemeine Prüfungsbestimmungen
You will not be signed up for the next examination automatically if you withdraw from the current examination. You have to sign up for the examination again within the given deadlines.
- Deregistration deadline for examinations
- Inability to take the exam due to illness - medical certificate
- How to find the registration/cancellation deadline for examinations
- Withdrawal from an examination without giving reasons
- Withdrawal from the examination for health or similarly serious reasons
- Inability to take the examination due to illness recognised during an examination
- Illness of a child or a relative in need of care